Sunday, April 26, 2015

Final Thoughts.........

When I first began this course, I did not know what to expect.  I looked at the literature that came with the course and I wondered how all of the course information would be come together.  It seemed like a lot of information to learn and understand in 16 weeks.  Now that we are in the final stretch of the course, I have to say that I have gleaned so much from my major course assessment, module discussion, and intriguing feedback from my peers.   Coming into the course, I did not think about my personal biases as they related to being an early childhood professional.  I now have become so sensitive to anti-bias education.

This course allowed me to reflect on my biases and what topic I could research 20 different articles on to become more knowledgeable as an advocate for positive social change. I have realized that in order to be a valuable asset and a respected scholar practitioner, I must be willing to teach others about becoming more self-aware as it relates to biases that can affect how we support children and families.  Marsha made a statement in the video file that we should continue to practice not knowing (Laureate, 2013).  This keeps us at a humble state of always being vulnerable to learn.   Being self-reflective keeps us in a state of knowing that we do not have all the answers.


Laureate Education (Producer). (2013). Final reflections, part 1 [Video file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment