Sunday, June 1, 2014

Introducing...........................................ME!! Kimberly Jones!!!


I have always known that I wanted to be a teacher.  Always.  There was never any doubt.  I still remember sitting in my first grade classroom.  My teacher was Mrs. Gray.  It was the first day of school and we were drawing pictures about our summer vacation.  Well on my paper, I had a drawing of myself with a yardstick in my hand in front of teddy bears.  Yes, you guessed it.  My summer was spent teaching my teddy bears in my garage that had been transformed into my classroom.  There was chart paper, a desk ( of course all teachers need a desk) and a line of teddy bears that each had names on my roll. I stayed in this garage for hours. This is one of my fondest memories. 

I am a passionate educator that has been in the classroom for the past 13 years.  Over the course of these years I have led many initiatives and conducted professional development for my school and the district.  When I was obtaining my Masters degree in reading curriculum and instruction, my fire was ignited for an old dream that I once pursued.  I have always dreamed of opening my very own learning academy that focuses on quality instruction for every child, teaching the whole child, and integrating the arts in the daily curriculum.  I feel stronger than ever now that that dream will become a reality!  I love a challenge and the idea of working with other teachers that love being apart of this movement of quality education for each child by reaching children from the inside out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment